By: John Farrell
Share This Post
Estate Planning Beacon
Sharing is caring!
More and more these days, people are turning to mobile phones over their desktop computers to learn about a business, get directions, read reviews, scan a map, and discover more information about the location they are going to or are currently situated.
Yesterday, our office was one of the few businesses chosen by Google to participate in Project Beacon. What is Project Beacon? It’s an interesting little device which will allow location-based interaction and searching easier for mobile users. Here is a short video from Google that explains a little bit about the Project and how Beacons work:
What does the Beacon do?
Think of it like a lighthouse that will bring people safely into shore. In our case, it will help users who are interested in estate planning services, such as Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Probate Administration, and who are near our location learn more about our business and make our business more visible on Google when they are nearby. The Beacon will “ping” a signal to their mobile device when they are in the area and they search for things related to estate planning.
As an example, imagine a person were to search for “Wills,” “Revocable Living Trust,” or “Power of Attorney” and they are near our office, the chances of our Estate Planning law firm showing up in their search results is greatly increased.
But, it can do much more than that !!
- It can provide greater visibility on Google Maps when people search for estate planning services. The Beacon will reach out to them if they are nearby and tell them about our law firm.
- It will also allow for a greater user experience when someone actually does visit our law office. For example, the Beacon will allow visitors to generate content, such as photos or reviews, and upload them to Google so other users have better information about our office and estate planning services we offer.
- Among other things !!
So, what are some of the things someone might learn about the estate planning services we offer here at The Farrell Law Firm?
- That we wrote the book on Estate Planning in Georgia !! Our book, Estate Planning for the Modern Family: A Georgian’s Guide to Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney, is available here and provides a step-by-step guide to estate planning in Georgia. It will help you learn what is involved with a Georgia Last Will and Testament, why Powers of Attorney are just as important as your Will, and how to plan with advanced estate planning techniques like Revocable Living Trusts. By the way, everyone who appears at our office for a free consultation will receive a free copy of our book.
- That our reputation stands alone. We have literally hundreds of testimonials from satisfied clients about our legal services. “Excellent,” “Courteous,” “Professional.” These are not our words. They are client testimonials after working with our law firm and you can discover more about them here.
- That we offer tons of free resources. From our YouTube videos to our free legal forms, you can find lots of free estate planning resources that cover asset protection planning, powers of attorney, blended family estate planning, and more !!
So, the Google Beacon is a great tool which will allow clients and potential clients to learn more about our business. We like to think of it as an Estate Planning Beacon !!
John P. Farrell, Esq.